Monday, February 28, 2011

Language,culture and travel

Couple years ago, I watched one competition about foreigners speak Chinese languages through CCTV. One of speakers come from Finland, her husband is Chinese, they two get together because of that Finnish girl prefer Chinese boy cooked tomato fry eggs. No wonder after she ate more than 20 years potatoes, suddenly change taste that feeling. But her Chinese speak not so well. In the end of the show, one audience asked "your husband is Chinese, why you cannot speak good Chinese?" That Finnish girl felt a little bit angry and cannot understand, why she has a Chinese husband must be speak fluently Chinese? I promise that is not Chinese thinking way, at least I also experienced that kind of question. Although in that time, I was preparing come to Finland. I never know I will experience this one day.

Nowadays, some friends make jokes about my poor Finnish. "Oh, you don't know Apteekki(one Finnish word means pharmacy)? I forgot your boyfriend didn't teach you any Finnish." I really angry but cannot say nothing. Even I want to say learning Finnish is my thing, none of my boyfriend business. How could I do? Just ignore those stupid people, since they don't have Finnish boyfriend. What a logical about have Finnish boyfriend must be speak fluently Finnish? All in all, I have to face this society which has potential competition.

Stay in Finland this couple years, I have to say I travel a lot(12 countries) until nowadays just want to stay in Finland without any travel. I start fed up travel, start feel boring from long distance fly, start hate not safety society, start scare to try local food, and the most worry thing is that English is not world language, especially in France,Italy these kind of proud of their own language area. Also, some countries of poor economic and poor education, they are not internationalization, I also cannot use English communicate with them. This moment can show the importance of know how to speak small country's language.

In addition to, I as a northeast part of Chinese suddenly visited southern part of China, I still feel culture shocked even I am a Chinese. Because of different part of Chinese speak different local languages. Their local food also are variation, culture must be not same.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment